At Skyline, our focus is on ensuring that we, and our communities continue to thrive for generations to come – and that means, we need to operate with a light footprint on the land while caring for our people, our communities, and our customers.
We are establishing strong connections with our local community through targeted sponsorships and are actively seeking guidance from our Malaysian-based partners to ensure we are operating in a culturally responsible way.
Climate change is an important issue for us. We measure our operational emissions annually, and are a certified carbon-conscious organisation globally, meaning we are taking action to reduce our global emissions to ensure we limit the impact of our operations on global warming.
Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur is incorporating some ‘green’ building design features such as:
- We are installing solar panels
- We are including the use of fly ash supplement in our concrete
- We are harvesting rainwater for site irrigation
- We are using recycled rubber pavers
- Our track curbing is made from recycled Luge carts
- We are practicing 3R waste management principles
- We are fitting energy efficient lighting, appliances and cooling systems
- Our project plans include extensive planting of over 400 trees and 40,000 shrubs throughout the site to regenerate the land and protect local flora and fauna
Skyline International Luge is endorsed by the Fernmark trademark - a mark of trust that communicates a product's country of origin and connection to New Zealand, and officially recognised and endorsed by the New Zealand Government. This commitment to quality ensures we continue to hold ourselves to a high standard in everything we do.